Subtotal 60 Points Subtotal 20 Points
Total 100 Points
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
But have everlasting life". John: 3:16
The following outlines the licensed classes
to be held at N.K.C. Licensed
Note: males are judged before females.
Age is determined as of the date of the show.
* Puppy Class is for all males/females 6 months of age and under 1
year of age.
* Junior Class is for all males/females 1 year of age and under 2
years of age.
* Senior Class is for all males females 2 years of age and under 4
years of age.
* Veteran Class is for all males/females 4 years of age and older.
* *Best Male for breeds without varieties is composed of the first
place winners of the Junior, Senior, Veteran Male classes.
* Reserve Best Male for breeds without varieties is determined by
selecting a second place dog from the remaining Best Male Class After
Male has been selected. One dog is chosen from the remaining dogs and
awarded Reserve Best Male.
* *Best Female for breeds without varieties is composed of the first
place winners of the Junior, Senior, Veteran Female
* Reserve Best Female for breeds without varieties is determined by
selecting a second place dog from the remaining Best Female Class After
Female has been selected. One dog is chosen from the remaining dogs
awarded Reserve Best Female.
* The Best male and Best female go against each other for Best In
* Champion of Champions Class is open only to those dogs that have
earned their Champion title. Male and female Champions compete against
* In order for wins to be credited towards the Grand Champion title,
there must be competition. Competition is defined as two or more dogs
entered and shown in the Champion of Champions class. If less than two
are entered, the class will be held and a winner will be designated
Judge, but the win will not be credited toward the Grand Champion title.
* Grand Champion Class is open to those dogs that have earned their
N.K.C. Grand Champion title. Male and female Grand Champions compete
each other. Competition is defined as two or more dogs entered and shown
the Grand Champion of Champions class. If less than two dogs are entered,
the class will be held and a winner will be designated by the Judge,
win will not be credited toward the Supreme Grand Champion title.
* Best of Breed is composed of the winner of the Supreme Grand
Champion class, Grand Champion class, Champion of Champions class and
Best Male and Best Female. This is a licensed class and is to be offered
all breeds hosted at any N.K.C. Licensed Conformation Activity; however,
points are awarded. Once the Best of Breed is chosen, the Judge is
encouraged to give a short critique of the dogs, with an explanation
If Fun classes are held, they must run according to the published
guidelines. The decision to hold Fun classes is entirely up to the host
club; Fun classes must not interfere with any of the licensed portion
N.K.C Licensed Event. Fun classes must start at the listed time. If
anticipated that the Fun activities cannot be finished before the licensed
classes are scheduled to begin, they should be scheduled to be held
conclusion of the licensed classes for that breed or in a separate ring.
host club may wish to use an additional Judge for the Fun classes and
apprentice Judge may also officiate Fun Classes in order to gain experience.
N.K.C championship points are not awarded for the Fun
classes, but the
winners are to be indicated on the official Event Report Forms and will
published. Event Report forms are available for Conformation Fun classes
are to be sent to N.K.C with the designated fee of $1.00 per entry,
entered in any of the Fun classes must be N.K.C registered or may be
registered day of show .
Fun CLASSES AND GUIDELINES.
The following are provided as guidelines for any club wishing to hold
activities in addition to the licensed classes.
- 3 to 6 month Male Puppy. To include male puppies, of the same breed,
months of age up to, but not including, six months of age as of the
- 3 to 6 month Female Puppy. To include female puppies, of the same
three months of age up to, but not including, six months of age as of
date of the show.
N.K.C strongly recommends that no puppies less than three months of
present at a show, where they may be exposed to communicable diseases.
Parade of Titleholders
It is recommended that this special class be held only at large,
single-breed specialties, especially the national shows. Dogs entered
"spotlighted" with a write-up for each one, listing their
and contributions to the breed, to be read by a commentator while the
individual dog is in the ring. The host club may want to present a rosette
to each participant.